For businesses you can sign-post them directly to our Growth Hub COVID-19 information page: http://howsbusiness.org/coronavirus-covid-19/
We will update these pages as regularly as we can.
There is much information and advice available from the government and many of our partners about support being offered to business. The most up to date information about this can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses.
As of 17th March, these include:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Some businesses in the region are thriving due to the pandemic; others are experiencing difficulties with cash flow and staff. We see many adapting their businesses to this new reality with ingenuity and resilience. We will be sharing intelligence on how businesses in our region are managing. We will also share inspirational stories - please see our news pages and our Twitter pages for the LEP and the Growth Hub to find out about the latest innovations. Should you know of any businesses with ideas to share, please encourage them to email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will keep you updated with important news. As the Chancellor said in his address yesterday, we will do whatever it takes to support our businesses and people and commit to working hand in hand with you.