· Workplace testing is now available to all businesses, including those with fewer than 50 employees
· Business are encouraged to register interest by 31 March to access free workplace testing
· Regular testing will be a vital part of the government’s roadmap to cautiously ease restrictions
· Around 1 in 3 people with Covid-19 have no symptoms, this system will highlight asymptomatic people
· Rapid testing detects cases quickly – in under 30 minutes – meaning positive cases can isolate immediately, breaking chains of transmission.
· Businesses have until 31 March to register for the government’s workplace testing scheme, which will remain free until the end of June. All those who can work from home should continue to do so.
· Businesses that remain closed – such as hospitality – should also register by 31 March to ensure they can access testing support in the longer-term.
Further information is available here www.northyorks.gov.uk/workplace-testing-north-yorkshire